The 3M Attest Biological Indicator
1262 (brown cap) is designed for reliable monitoring of the 121°C gravity displacement and 132°C Vacuum-Assisted steam sterilization process when used in conjunction with an appropriate Biological Indicator Incubator.
The 3M Attest 1262 Biological Indicator (brown cap) is designed for monitoring steam sterilization processes. After sterilization, the vial is "crushed" to join the growth media with the processed spore strip. The BI is incubated for 48 hours for a visual color change readout. The presence of Geobacillus stearothermophilus spores is detected by a visual color change (media turns yellow). The yellow color change indicates a sterilization process failure. The final readout of a negative result (media remains purple) is made after 48 hours of incubation.
- Highly resistant, standardised population of geobacillus stearothermophilus spores
- Simple culturing, minimizes false positives due to contamination, cost effective
- 48-hour standard readout
- Meets FDA classifaction as a biological indicator
- Complies with ISO 11138 Parts 1 and 3
- Monitoring 250°F/121°C gravity and 270°F/132°C vacuum-assisted steam sterilization processes.