Advantage of using long length fibers in concrete?
CPP06 :- Length 6mm ; Diameter :- 24 micron (0.024mm) ; Aspect ratio :- 250CPP12 :- Length 12mm ; Diameter :- 24 micron (0.024mm) ; Aspect ratio :- 500CPP24 :- Length 24mm ; Diameter :- 28 micron (0.028mm) ; Aspect ratio :- 857CPP40 :- Length 40mm ; Diameter :- 35 micron (0.035mm) ; Aspect ratio :- 1140Hence longer length fibers not only have higher aspect ratio, but due to longer length they hold more number of aggregates together, there by providing better reinforcement.
- CETEX CPP06 (06mm length) and CPP12 (12mm length) both fall in the category of Polypropylene Construction Micro-fibers. Micro-fibers are fibers having length of below 25mm. The main usage of micro-fiber is to prevent cracks in cementatious casting.
- In a concrete mix design, almost 40% or above are large stone chips also called MII or coarse aggregate whose average size is around 19mm.
- If fiber used in concrete mix has length of 19mm or below, then chances are that some fibers will stick completely on large aggregate and become part of the aggregate. These fibers do not play any role in bonding or holding the aggregates together.
- In order to ensure that, each and every strand play and active role in reinforcement, the minimum length of fibers should be at least 2-3 mm longer than the maximum size of aggregate in concrete mix.
- It is considered that fibers upto 25mm long (micro-fibers) are good for crack prevention, hence CPP24, having average length of 24mm +/- 1.00mm is effective for crack prevention.
- It is well known fact that for Fiber reinforced concrete, higher aspect ratio (ratio of length and diameter) results in better. The Aspect ratio of our fibers are as follows:-
- For concrete application, we recommend using graded fiber CPPST which is blend of CPP24 & CPP50. CPPST has been found to perform better than individual length fiber for same dosage in concrete mix design.
STPayment Terms :
L/C (Letter of Credit),T/T (Bank Transfer)Port Of Dispatch :
Nhava Sheva, Mumbai, IndiaPackaging Details :
As per requirement