Elitecrete - Light Weight Concrete
is a lightweight concrete with densities varying from 800 to 1800 kg/m3. Its paramount application is Thermal Insulation coupled with light weight. Typically, a 4'' thick layer of Elitecrete over a roof slab will not only help in considerably reducing the loading on air conditioning systems and support energy savings, but will also significantly reduce the dead load. Traditionally, Brickbat Coba (BC) has been used in combination with waterproof mortars to serve the purpose of thermal insulation and waterproofing respectively. However, a few of the myriad of quandaries associated with BC are jotted below:
- Inferior quality of bricks and lack of skilled manpower results in the bricks absorbing water over a period of time, becoming loose and giving way to leakages
- Once cracks appear, they are almost impossible to repair
- May damage the mother slab in case the system needs to be dismantled. Elitecrete is definitely a better and lighter alternative to BC.
5 Key Advantages:
- Excellent thermal and sound insulation.
- Reduction in structural dead load.
- Excellent fire resistance properties.
- Ease of transportation and handling.
- Free flowing, thus enabling faster work.
- As an insulating material for roofs, floors and electrical cables.
- Construction of partition walls.
- Low strength filler material for a variety of applications.
For more details, Kindly find attached file.