It is a super-conducting device and involves the transfer of heat by boiling and condensation of a fluid and hence transfer of heat takes place under nearly isothermal condition. In this apparatus the comparison of heat pipe with the copper pipe as good conductor of heat and with the stainless steel pipe as same material of construction is made. It consists of three identical cylindrical conductors in respect of geometry.
One end of these is heated electrically while there are small capacity tanks acting as heat sinks at the other end. The unit consists of a heat pipe, a copper pipe and a stainless steel pipe.
The performance of the heat pipe as a super-conducting device can be studied well in terms of the temperature distribution along the length at a given instant and can be compared with other two members. Nearly isothermal temperature distribution and fast rise of temperature in heat sink tank reveals the heat pipe superiority over the conventional conductors.Learning Objectives/Experiments:
- To demonstrate the super thermal conductivity of Heat Pipe and to compare its working with best conductor i.e. Copper pipe Stainless steel pipe as same material of construction.
- To plot the temperature v/s time response of pipes.
- To plot the temperature distribution along the length of pipes
- Pipes1st: Heat pipe made of stainless steel
- Pipes 2nd: Made of Copper
- Pipes 3rd: Made of Stainless steel
- Heat Sink: Material Stainless steel.
- Working fluid in heat pipe: Distilled water
- Heaters: Nichrome Wire Band Type
- The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
- Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-2000 C, with multi-channel switch
- Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
- Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
- 1 Self Contained "Heat Pipe Demonstrator" Apparatus
- 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc
NIC-10Payment Terms :
T/T (Bank Transfer)Port Of Dispatch :