The Hanna Ammonia High Range (0 to 99.9 ppm) Checker® bridges the gap between simple chemical test kits and professional instrumentation. Chemical test kits have limited accuracy and resolution since they rely upon the human eye to discern differences in color. Professional instrumentation incorporates a light source such as an LED or tungsten lamp with a filter and a light sensing detector to precisely determine ion concentration. Professional instrumentation offers greater resolution and accuracy but can cost hundreds of dollars. The Hanna Ammonia High Range Checker® uses a fixed wavelength LED and silicon photo detector to provide the accuracy of professional instrumentation at the affordable price of a chemical test kit.
The HI733 Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to measure ammonia. Present in water as a component of the nitrogen cycle, ammonia is excreted from animals and other organisms such as heterotrophic bacteria, actinomycetes, and fungi during the metabolism of proteins and amino acids. Generally present in small quantities in unpolluted waters, higher levels indicate organic pollution and is toxic to aquatic life. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI733 provides quick, accurate results in four easy steps:Features at-a-glance :
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Water Quality, Aquaculture, Education, Industrial
- Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology D1426-92, Nessler Method. The reaction between ammonia and reagents causes a yellow tint in the sample.