|You seem to be 'Offline'|
Heat Transfer by Natural Convection
1. To determine the overall heat transfer coefficient at the surface of a given vertical metal cylinder by the natural convection method.
2. To determine the value of Nusselt number.
Natural convection heat transfer is extensively used in the following areas of engineering:
1. Cooling of commercial high voltage electrical power transformers.
2. Heating of houses by electrical baseboard heaters.
3. Heat loss from steam pipe lines in power plants and heat gain in refrigerant pipe lines in air conditioning applications.
4. Cooling of reactor cores in nuclear power plants, though often the coolant is driven by pumps, resulting in more efficient heat transfer by forced convection.
5. Cooling of electronic devices (chips, transistors) by finned heat sinks, though a fan is often present to augment the natural convection with forced convection.
Contact this seller
Get best deals for
Heat Transfer in Forced Convectionon the go!4.6