Our variety of Filter Sand
water systems offers clean Water Treatment solutions. It is widely appreciated by the clients for its effectiveness and purity. These are useful for diverse applications pertaining to Industries, Municipalities and Household water treatment.Following are its conditions for the operation:
- Bed depth: 18-30 in.
- Free board: 20% of bed depth (min.)
- Backwash flow rate: 15 - 20 gpm/sq. Ft.
- Backwash bed expansion: 20% of bed depth
- Service flow rate
- Municipal: 1.5 - 2 gpm/sq. Ft.
- Industrial: 3 gpm/sq. Ft.
- Domestic: 5 gpm/sq. Ft.
Comparison of the physical properties of Filter Sand with Silica Sand:
|Washed & Graded Water Filter Sand||Silica Sand|
|Color:||Light brown to dark yellow||Off white/pale yellow /Snow white|
|Density:||1750 kg per cubic meters||100 lbs per cubic meters|
|Acid Solubility:||< 0.5%||<5.0%|
|Hardness:||6.0 8.0 on MOHs scale||7 on MOHs scale|
|Uniform Coefficients:||<1.4||> 1.6 < 1.|
Advantages of using our Filter Sand compared to other Silica Sand:
- It aids in longer filter runs
- Has deep bed penetration Loss than 0.5% acid solubility
- Virtually free from fines and silts
- High quality silica sand provide consistent uniformity
- Filter media that meets and exceeds ISI specifications
- Water output quality is 10-15 microns. (Sand 0.5 1.0 mm)
- Washed, dried, and screened to meet exact specifications
- Sub-angular shape provides for maximum turbidity entrapment
- Uniform coefficients less than 1.4 resulting in a highly uniform bed
- Increased surface area thereby improving particle removal while still providing maximum water flow
- Reduced initial backwash cycles, saving significant amounts of time and water in your start-up backwash cycle