Silica Sand is produced by crushing sand stone or quartzite of open texture, and washing and grading it to yield requisite grain distribution. silica flour is produced by crushing grinding and washing the high quartz rocks or from white silica sand.
- Chemical Composition: Sio2 the general impurities are iron/ aluminium oxides and lime.
- Physical Characters : Sandstone is a friable and hard. the grain size of the particle is variable.
- It is friable & mainly brown to grey in color.
- Specification : Glass Making Sand IS 488 – 1963. Indian standard for Silica Sand used for glass making.
- Geological Setting : It occurs as loose or poorly consolidated deposits of sedimentary
- origin or as dunes blow inland from the coast or as accumulated deposits in estuaries.